Domestic ViolenceWe will:
- Ensure that all partners embed an awareness of and commitment to domestic violence reduction measures
- Raise awareness of domestic violence issues and referral pathways
- Take measures to increase confidence amongst victims to increase reporting of domestic violence
- Take measures to reduce repeat victimisation
- Work with other stakeholders to prevent the development of unhealthy relationships among children and young people which may lead to domestic violence
- Take a co-ordinated approach to offender management
- Provide a range of safety measures for victims
- Support victims to rebuild their lives after domestic violence
Domestic Abuse Awareness Video
North Nottinghamshire Independent Domestic Abuse Services (NNIDAS)NNIDAS is a registered charity, formerly known as Mansfield and Ashfield Women's Aid. Their main aim is to help people experiencing domestic abuse.
They also work hard with other agencies to raise awareness of domestic abuse and help prevent people becoming victims of this crime.
Since 1989 specialist domestic abuse support workers have helped women and children who have experienced physical, sexual, financial, emotional or psychological abuse. In April 2009, NNIDAS started the MANN Project aimed at raising awareness and supporting male victims of domestic abuse.
Click on the link below to find out more about their services:
North Nottinghamshire Independent Domestic Abuse Services (NNIDAS)